Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Exit Slip JENGA!

So on the SUPER cold day I got a genius idea to create something based upon an idea I saw on Pinterest. The idea I saw was for conversation JENGA with speech topics on each block. Students pull one out and then speak on it for a given amount of time. While I will be using this idea on the other side of my blocks for now I have come up with the idea I call Exit Slip JENGA (my husbands vote was for A+ JENGA and that was a no go) but you can call it whatever you want and like. So here is how this went down! 
I bought this set at the Dollar General store for $4 

Here is my finished product.
So with Sharpie in hand I sat down to come up with my questions. In total I have 10 questions all but one set are used 4 times. I plan to put on the other side in a different color the speech topic ideas and I will post that list as soon as I come up with them too! How will I use this is class? Well I already use Post-its like I endorse the darn company so I made my questions simple enough to be answered on a single Post-it. I plan to use them as exit slips out the door or to review if there is time remaining at the end of a class period. Another thought I have is to use the other side for pre-assessment questions (this just came to me as I was writing this and I actually like it way better than the speech topics!). 

Here is my list of questions: 
- What do you remember most?
- Summarize today's lesson
- How will this help you in another class
- Doodle/Draw today's key point
- How is this used in real life?
- What will we cover tomorrow?
- Create 1 quiz question and answer it
- Define 1 important term
- What is 1 question you still have?
- List 3 important points from today

So please give me your ideas on how you could use this in your classroom and what questions you will put onto your set?

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I think I need yo buy jenga the next time I go to dollar general!

    ReplyDelete