Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Interactive Notebook Addiction... Vocabulary

Those of you who follow me on Pinterest know that I LOVE to pin things to help me with school. I have found many many excellent ideas, projects, resources, fundraisers, and the list could go on for ever. It is almost unhealthy the amount of time I spend on Pinterest but one of the greatest things I have found has been all the resources on Interactive Notebooks. Some of the amazing blogs I follow are listed below and I could not encourage you enough to check out all the ways these teachers use these notebooks in their classrooms. Here is one of the ways I tie these notebooks into my classes. 
In this picture you see the inside of the vocabulary foldables I call a tri-fold 
This is the outside view of the tri-fold vocabulary foldables
 These tri-fold foldables I use with my CASE courses as well as all other courses I teach to help spice up the boring idea of vocabulary. I give the students the list of vocabulary words at the beginning of each section and they have one day of in class time to research and complete these. What they do not get completed is left up to them to complete on their own time. I check these vocabulary the day before we take the quiz over each section. This is just one of several examples I have and I will post more pictures of the vocabulary as I go along. The students in my classes are responsible for all the cutting, and gluing for all their own foldables and I find that ever with high school  students this helps to keep them much more engaged and involved in the lecture style activities. Although like most agriculture and CTE courses I do a tremendous amount of labs and hands on activities juicing up the necessary lectures has been a great addition to my curriculum. On my TpT page you will find all my foldables and resources. 

Follow these awesome teachers for even more help with implementing these notebooks in your room! There are more great things on my Pinterest board Fun for School
Caught in the Middle
Hands on Math in High School
The Science Penguin

So how do you use interactive notebooks? How do you see this working in your class? 

No comments:

Post a Comment