Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

New but trying...

 So...after much consideration and thought I am making my debut into the blogging world! I have spent the past two year teaching agriculture to some of the greatest students in Kentucky and now that I am in a new state with new people the struggle ALL too different. 
 A little about me to entice you to continue reading. I began my teaching career by starting a program for a small independent school in northern Kentucky. I always believe they must have seen something in me I didn't even know existed to trust me with such a task but man was it an amazing blessing in disguise. I spent two years there as a part time teacher and helped them to charter their FFA and begin their journey into state FFA recognition. 
   (Three of my students and I with a Kentucky state officer in the summer of 2012 receiving out charter from National FFA)
 This past summer I received an opportunity to move to a school much closer to home and work in a multi-teacher department. Now this is where I should be very truthful and tell you that as a perfectionist and control freak I knew this was going to be a stretch outside my comfort zone but that's the only way we learn and improve. So since July I have been at a new school with new expectations, standards, students, and challenges. Like any teacher you find the good days and hold onto those with all your strength and that's what keeps you going. 
 Aside from my classroom teaching experience I am a two course CASE (Curriculum for Agriculture Science Education) certified instructor, a Teach Ag mentor teacher and most recently a National Agriscience Teacher Ambassador. Now yes this means I have sacrificed my summers for the past two years but I could not have imagined spending my time in a more rewarding way! If you have never taken the time to check out these opportunities the time is NOW! 
 So now that I have introduced myself I hope to begin blogging about my classroom and how I teach in hopes that I can help others better their classrooms and students as well. If you have any questions or are interested in a certain topic please feel free to make suggestions for future blogs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment